Back order is suspended until 21 December 2022 as we are temporarily limited to our Sydney in-store sock.
While every attempt has been made to ensure STORE STOCK STATUS is accurate, we do run out of stock. We are unable to fulfill any orders for 'not available' items listed in our Webstore. To avoid disappointment, please ring 02 9262-7996 to talk to a staff member and order in-store.
We can’t save the world if we don’t care about the world. Visual imagery plays a huge role in helping us to care about what is happening around us. Endangered is an experiment by award-winning photographer Tim Flach in how and why we connect emotionally to other forms of life through visual imagery.
Through Tim’s extraordinary up-close photographs, we see:
- The last of the white rhinos – there are only three left in the world: two females incapable of carrying a child and one male with low sperm count
- The majestic swarms of the Monarch Butterly, whose milkweed crops are being destroyed by herbicides
- The Lord Howe Island Stick Insect – an extinction success story! Thought to be extinct in 1920 after rats from a wrecked Glaswegian cargo ship made it to shore and caused chaos on Lord Howe Island. A tiny colony of 24 specimens was discovered on the tiny rocky outcrop of Balls Pyramid in 2001 and has now been saved in the Melbourne Zoo.
We also learn that:
- Bees are worth 300 billion USD to the global economy
- 100 million sharks are killed for their fins every year
- Some fast-growing coral can recover from damage within 10-15 years, if given a chance...
This immense book is a staggeringly beautiful siren call to connect people with nature.
- - Online Price
- - Kinokuniya Card Member Price
- Availability Status : Not Available
- Retail store and online prices may vary.
domestic delivery FREE Shipping on orders over A$50.00
While every attempt has been made to ensure stock availability, occasionally we do run out of stock at our stores.
See below for nearest stores with available stock.
To confirm availability and pricing, please call the store directly.
- Shelf Location
- : Not Available